Our Environmental Commitment Includes our Packaging
We believe it is critical that we do our part as a company to reduce our carbon imprint on the world.
Post Consumer Resin (PCR)
- We choose to use bottles made of Post Consumer Resin (PCR). The proper term for 100% recycled containers is post-consumer resin or PCR for short.
- All of our 8 oz, 8.5 oz, 12 oz, 16 oz and 32 oz bottles are made from Fully Recycled PCR Bottles. PCR is a made from reclaimed natural PET (recycled water containers).
- Our Amenity Packing is HDPE and contains recycled PCR.
- Post-consumer plastics such as PET PCR have already been processed from a fossil fuel to plastic, so to reuse the resin in a new PCR bottle does not require the further depletion of new fossil fuels.
- Independent test results show that for every pound of recycled PET flake used, energy use is reduced by 84%; greenhouse gas emissions by 71%. (Life Cycle Inventory Report, April 2010)
- The recycled material is cleaned, ground and re-compounded into uniform pellets.
- EO knows that the more PCR content you put in each bottle, the more impact you can make on the environment.
PCR completes the never-ending loop of sustainability
Recycling Infrastructure: PET bottles are collected in over 20,000 recycling programs nationwide. In 2008, over 1.4 billion pounds of PET bottles and jars were collected and reprocessed for re-manufacture into new packages and products.
End Uses for Recycled PET: Recycled PET can be used in the manufacture of new PET packaging, as well as in many other applications, including t-shirts and tote bags; apparel; carpets; strapping; car accessories; and fiberfill (for items such as pillows or sleeping bags).
Lightweight Package: PET is a lightweight package so products packaged in PET can be packed and shipped efficiently. To maximize these efficiencies and use less plastic resin per package, PET packaging manufacturers continue to make their packages lighter when it’s possible to do so and maintain product integrity.