The Everyone brand is an EWG VERIFIED™ business, meaning our products are classified by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) as products made with good manufacturing processes. So you can rest assured that our ingredients are safe for you, your family and the planet.
Our products are classified by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) as products made with good manufacturing processes.
Why Be an EWG VERIFIED Brand?
Like you, we increasingly want access to real and unbiased information about what is being put on our bodies. In our view, EWG provides the most accessible, comprehensive and scientifically-reviewed information to consumers so they can make informed choices. By partnering with EWG, we are helping to cultivate a more accountable marketplace.
EO Products was founded in 1995 and has always believed in full transparency. Since 2004, we have been strong supporters of EWG’s work as educators and advocates for safer products. Their sensible guidelines and credible research provides consumers with everything they need to make informed decisions.
For those who might be new to the Everyone brand, we wanted to take the guesswork out of choosing safe, healthy products. Avoiding potentially toxic and harmful ingredients shouldn’t be difficult. It is our hope that EWG VERIFIED™ makes our customers feel confident about bringing our products into their home.
How Does EWG Verification Work?
When manufacturers opt into the program, they must submit their products for testing and full disclosure of proprietary recipes for review by the Environmental Working Group.
EWG VERIFIED™ means that a brand or manufacturer is committed to full transparency and operates under good manufacturing practices. An EWG VERIFIED™ product avoids EWG’s ingredients of concern and meets the following requirements:
- Products must score “green” in EWG’s Skin Deep® database.
- Products cannot contain any ingredients on EWG’s “unacceptable” list, meaning, ingredients with health, ecotoxicity and/or contamination concerns.
- Products cannot contain any ingredients on EWG’s “restricted” list, which do not meet the restriction set by authoritative bodies and industry institutions.
- Products must follow standard ingredient naming guidelines.
- Products must fully disclose all ingredients on the label, including ingredients used in fragrance.
- Product manufacturers must develop and follow current good manufacturing practices.
- Products must pass basic microbial challenge tests and repeat these tests as appropriate.
- Products must follow the European Union’s requirements for labeling fragrance allergens.
- Products must follow the European Union’s labeling guidelines for nanomaterials used in cosmetics.
- Product labels must indicate an expiration date or the “period of time after opening.”
- Commit to submitting all reports of product problems or serious adverse events to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and to EWG.
- Agree that EWG has the right to perform random product testing to ensure that all products meet the provisions outlined in EWG’s Licensing Criteria.
EWG VERIFIED™ Program Overview